Fish House Punch
Invented at a gentlemen’s club in Philadelphia in 1732, the Fish House Punch was one of later Founding Father George Washington’s preferred drinks. Apparently he once drank so much of the punch that it took him three days to recover from its effects.
- 8 oz Rum
- 8 oz Cognac
- 4 oz Arrack
- 6 oz Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup of Sugar
- Zest from 4 Lemons
- 3 tsp black tea leaves
- 8 oz warm Water
- Ice Cubes
How to mix
- Brew a kettle of black tea.
- Mix the Lemon Zest with Sugar.
- Add the Arrack to the mix and light it (<strong>BE VERY CAREFUL!</strong>).
- Put out the flames with the tea.
- Add ice, rum, cognac and lemon juice to the mix.
- Leave the punch to infuse for 10-15 minutes.
- Pour punch into chilled glasses.
- Sprinkle with a bit of grated nutmeg.
- Serve and enjoy!